The steering team for the 2016 celebration of “50 Years of Making Memories at the Jewel of the Blue Ridge” will host a competition to design the official celebration t-shirt for the event. Artists, designers and others who wish to enter ideas for a t-shirt are encouraged to submit their suggestion for evaluation by the steering team. All entries received at the SML Regional Chamber of Commerce office by March 1 will be eligible for a $250 prize.
T-shirts bearing the winning design are expected to be on sale at selected locations around the lake by this Memorial Day weekend. Profits from the sale of the shirts will be used to help fund celebration activities during 2016.
In addition to the cash prize, whoever submits the winning entry will receive appropriate recognition in a news release to local media. The winner will be announced no later than March 15, at a time and place to be announced.
A complete list of official rules for the competition is printed below:
1. Smith Mountain Lake Regional Chamber of Commerce staff are not eligible to participate.
2. The 50th Anniversary logo (available at www.visitsmithmountainlake.com) must be used in the front pocket area of the shirt.
3. Entrants’ unique design should be restricted to the back of the T-Shirt and incorporate the phrase: “50 Years of Making Memories”
4. Entries must be submitted unframed and in color.
5. Submissions should be a minimum of 8″ x 10″ and not exceed 11″ x 14.”
6. High resolution (minimum of 300 dpi) digital files must also be provided.
7. A maximum of three entries per person will be accepted for judging.
8. Entries should be submitted with the understanding that the selected artwork becomes the property of the SML 50th Anniversary Steering Committee and may be used to produce T-Shirts, posters and other collateral materials in a variety of media.
9. If a photo is used as a submission, any persons depicted in the photo must sign a release for their image to be used.
10. Winners will be selected by the 50th Anniversary Steering Committee and announced no later than March 15, 2015. One (or more) winning entries will receive a $250 prize.
11. Entries must arrive no later than 5 p.m. on March 1, 2015.
Entries should be submitted to Barb Nocera, SMLRCC, 16430 Booker T. Washington Hwy., Ste. 2, Smith Mountain Lake, VA 24121.
For more information, call Barb at 540-721-1203 or email email@example.com.