Friday, July 3rd
Where: National D-Day Memorial Celebrate Independence Day
Time: 10 am to 5 pm with FIREWORKS at 9 pm (Rain Date is July 5)
Admission: Regular Rates. Enjoy tours scheduled throughout the day at the memorial. The memorial will close at 5pm but guests can enjoy the fireworks display from Centertown Bedford or Liberty Lake Park.
Where: Celebrate America at Thomas Road Baptist Church, 1 Mountain View RD, Lynchburg
Enjoy a carnival -like atmosphere filled with rides, local food vendors and the biggest FIREWORKS display in Central Virginia at dusk.
Where: Moneta FIRE-WORX Fest in downtown Moneta, 1123 South Old Moneta RD.
Time: 6 – 11 pm
Admission: $5 per person. Children 10 and younger are FREE.
Enjoy live music by regional band the WORX, as well as kids’ activities, an adult beverage garden, food, and FIREWORKS.
Saturday, July 4th – Independence Day
- Event Date: July 4th, 2015 – Smith Mountain Lake Fireworks at Parkway Marina
- Live Music By The Worx
- Activities for the kids including
- The Parkway Marina Carousel
- and other Kids Zone activities
- Great Food and Beverages
- and Spectacular Fireworks!
- The Worx goes on stage at 5:30 PM
- Kids Zone opens at 5:30 PM
- Fireworks launch at just after dark
- There is no admission fee
- Parking is $10 per car load* (proceeds go to the SVFC)
- YMCA Kids Zone Admission is $5 per kid for unlimited access
- Parking is limited, please consider car pooling
- No Pets Allowed, except for service dogs
- No Coolers, Picnic Baskets, Grills or Tents
- Alcohol Beverages may not be brought onto event grounds
- Bring Lawn Chairs & Blankets, but please no tents
- Rain Date is July 5th, 2015 (Fireworks Only)
- Fireworks by Master Displays of Roanoke
Sunset Saturday – Fourth of July Edition at Hickory Hills Vineyards and Winery
Where: 1722 Hickory Lane in Moneta
Time: 7 to 10 pm
Admission: $10 per person
Live music and wine. Picnics are encouraged.
Independence Day Celebration at Poplar Forest
Where: Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest, 1542 Bateman Bridge RD
Time: 11 am to 4pm
Tickets: Admission will be reduced for the holiday. $15 for Adults and children younger than 15 are free.
Poplar Forest will be celebrating the Fourth with fiddlers, acrobats, colonial games and crafts and a dramatic reading of the Declaration of Independence.
Hillcats vs. Salem Red Sox at Calvin Falwell Field in Lynchburg, VA
Time: 6:30 pm with FIREWORKS following the game.
Tickets: Visit the box office or call 434.528.1144.
The Hillcats take on the Salem Red Sox for the holiday weekend.
Where: Centertown Bedford
Time: 5 to 10 pm. FIREWORKS show starts around 8:30 pm.
Tickets: $4 per adult. 12 and younger get in FREE.
Enjoy burgers, hot dogs, live music, laser tag and fireworks at this family friendly event. Bring a blanket or chair for the fireworks.
There will be live music, performed by the local group, “Stealing Home”, whose music includes nearly every genre, from Blues, Classic Rock, and Texas Swing, to most everything in between. There will be laser tag for the kids, along with a giant bouncy house, complete with an obstacle course.
Make sure not to eat supper before you get here as there will be BBQ, Hot Dogs, French Fries, Funnel Cakes, Fresh Lemonade, Kettle Corn, Italian Ice, and much, much more. Thanks to Century Beverage, there will be some adult beverages available, too.
July 4 Red, White and You at Peaks of Otter Winery
Visit the National D-Day Memorial in Bedford and stop by the our winery for some of our “Chili Dawg”, apple-pepper wine. We accept D-Day dollars. You may taste 3 for free – $4 for more than 20 and you keep your glass. Also, Picnic and Visit The National D-Day Memorial, Bedford Museum, Poplar Forest and The Blueridge Parkway. Visit the farm animals.Info: 540-586-3707.E-mail: email@example.com.